Crockpot it! Orange Beef Roast and Potatoes Recipe
100% Grass-fed Beef Recipe
Do you need a start it and forget it method of cooking your dinner? If you’re like us the crockpot does the trick – every time.
Slow cooking makes 100% Grass-fed beef tender and juicy. Just uses spices to taste and it’s delicious.
Try this Orange Beef Roast and Potato recipe for your next meal.
Materials and Ingredients:
- 1 crock pot that fits your roast. If your roast is too big – cut it in half.
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut oil. ( You can use any oil you choose.)
- 1 onion sliced to put at the bottom of the crockpot. This adds flavor and keeps the roast from sitting on the bottom of the crockpot.
- 1 small easy to peel organic orange/tangerine
- 1 stalk of celery or Organic Celery Seed
- 1 beef roast about 3 pounds.
- Enough potatoes to feed your family for a meal. You can use sweet potatoes or regular potatoes. Sweet potatoes will cook faster than regular.
- Turn crockpot on low for 6 hours (turning the crockpot on now lets the coconut oil melt as you are putting in the ingredients.
- In crockpot place 1/2 cup of organic coconut oil
- Slice onion into several 1/2 inch to 1 inch slices. Place them on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Quickly rinse the roast in warm water. (A quick rinse removes blood that is left in the meat. This helps all cuts and types of meat to taste fresher.)
- Place meat into the crockpot on top of onions as flat as possible
- Wash organic orange/tangerine
- Peel and rip the rind into bits.
- Separate the orange into individual pieces
- Cut up celery into small bits
- Place celery bits, orange peels, and oranges pieces on top of the meat.
- If using celery seed sprinkle on top of the meat then layer orange pieces and orange peels
- Place whole potatoes into the crockpot on the side of the meat.
- Go about your day – when ready Eat!
I like to check the meat at 4 hours for tenderness. Sometimes the meat takes faster to cook or slower depending on the size.
And I’ve cooked the above recipe with a 4 pound frozen roast. It took about 8 hours on low and tasted delicious. I added cut up potato chunks when there were 2 hours remaining to cook.
Below are some supplies we used in making this recipe. They are affiliate links meaning by clicking through and purchasing we do get an affiliate fee. Thank you for supporting Simple Organic Guide